Horse Worm Count Resistance test
Has your worming been effective or do you have resistant worms? Following a positive redworm or roundworm count (carried out by Westgate Labs) that has required worming treatment OR your winter dose for encysted redworm a second worm egg count can be conducted, ideally 10-14 days after worming to test for drug efficacy.
To take advantage of this special offer resistance test customers must have tested previously within 4 weeks and include the box end of the wormer with the batch code with the faecal sample.
Test kit includes everything you need to take and send a sample including pre-paid voucher(s) for laboratory testing:
- a pot to collect a faecal sample for each horse
- a voucher for the laboratory processing of the tests
- a single vinyl glove
- a single pre-paid envelope to send the sample(s) to the lab
Test price includes veterinary approved worming advice from our friendly team of qualified SQP's if required. Please phone, email or contact us on our Facebook page.
£7.00 per horse
- Tear off the batch code end of the wormer box and keep safe.
- Take a sample for a worm egg count 10-14 days after worming.
- Fill out the details on the encloed voucher and post everything back to us, including the wormer batch code for each resistance test sample.
- We’ll do the rest! One box end per test please.