Interkokask® 500ml ready-to-use disinfectant
A powerful, ready to use, broad spectrum veterinary disinfectant, our recommended product to assist with combating pinworm (oxyuris equi) infection in the horse’s field and stable environment.
Interkokask RTU is a modern phenol based surface disinfectant, DEFRA approved and used extensively in the commercial poultry and swine industries because of its effectiveness against bacteria, viruses, fungi, protozoa and many endoparasites and their oocysts.
When used to clean down stable walls, fencing, gates and anywhere else the infected horse may rub Interkokask is an extremely useful tool in helping to break the lifecycle of the pinworm parasite and so preventing reinfection. Disinfects in the presence of organic matter and detergents.
Interkokask is a useful total cleaning product that can also be applied to animal housing such as chicken coops and aviaries, targeting coccidial infections, red mite and roundworm eggs in birds and often used on small holdings, quarantine/breeding kennels/runs/yards and in veterinary establishments.
We advise wearing protective clothing when using this product.
Directions for use
- Remove animals from the area to be treated. Remove all bedding, food, drinking equipment etc. Clean surfaces thoroughly.
- Apply Interkokask RTU from a distance of 30 cm (12 inches) so that the surface is wet. Be sure to treat all cracks, crevices and holes.
- The disinfectant should be left in contact with the housing for up to 2 hours to target pinworm eggs (30 minutes if treating against bacteria, viruses or fungi ). Rinse the surfaces with clean water. Water, bedding, food, equipment etc and animals can be replaced when surfaces are dry.
- 500mls of Interkokask RTU is sufficient to cover approximately 5 square metres.
NOT to be used on or to come into contact with live animals
- MinimumOrderQuantity: 0
Interkokask® RTU is based on a 4% dilution of Interkokask® Concentrate and has a unique formula to stabilise the diluted ready to use product giving a long shelf life. Interkokask® RTU is designed for treating smaller areas and surfaces and comes complete with a good quality, robust spray head.
Interkokask® RTU has a broad spectrum of activity. This product, like its commercial equivalents can also be used to help treat animal environments and housing in the face of a disease outbreak and together with appropriate veterinary/SQP prescribed animal treatments, can help break the cycle of re-infection.
Please note: Interkokask® RTU is not licensed for use on animals and should never be sprayed directly onto any animal. Should your pet be unwell you should always consult your Veterinary Surgeon who is the best person qualified to diagnose and advise on suitable and appropriate animal licensed products for use on your pets or animals.
Broad range of control:
- Bacteria (inc. Salmonella)
- Enveloped and Non-Enveloped Viruses (inc. Avian Influenza)
- Coccidial Oocysts
- Red mites
Ideal for use in:
- All types of chicken housing.
- Duck housing.
- Dog kennels, yards and exercise areas.
- Rabbit and Guinea Pig Hutches.
- Pigeon lofts and carrying crates.
- Dove cotes.
- Vivariums. (Please consult your vet before use).
- Horse stables.
- Small holdings
- Veterinary establishments.
- Dog quarantine & breeding kennels.
Interkokask® RTU also:
- Works at low temperatures (DEFRA Tested at 40 C).
- Disinfects in the presence of organic matter.
- Disinfects on absorbent surfaces.
- May be used on vehicles, machinery and equipment: (at recommended dilutions).
- Is not known to be corrosive at recommended ready to use dilutions.
Active ingredient: Chlorocresol